An Interesting report has just been published by the National Office of Statistics on -
‘Exploring the Well-being of Children in the UK’ (08.10.14)see http://tinyurl.com/pnvfzwa
I think it is no surprise that being able to talk to close family and physical health were both found to be really important for our children’s general wellbeing. The report highlighted that:
- Children who said they had a relatively high satisfaction with life also said that they communicated more with their parents
- The percentage of overweight children aged 2-15 years has fallen since 20O4 from 38% to 25% - great news! Previous research suggests that being overweight in childhood is linked to immediate and long-term physical and mental health risks. Mental health risks arising from body dissatisfaction, social discrimination, low self-esteem and low quality of life.
|Discussing a Tatty Bumpkin Adventure Together|
|Making Activity Fun!|
Six Further Interesting Facts About Children’s Wellbeing - See http://tinyurl.com/ouqv8r8
1. In 2011-12 boys in the UK were more likely to be happy with their appearance than girls 2. In 2011-12 girls in the UK were more likely to use a home computer for homework, boys for computer games
3. Around 1 in 8 children in the UK suffered bullying in 2011-12
4. The majority of children in the UK talked to their mother about things that mattered in 2011-12
5. In 2013/14, around 1 in 8 children were a victim of crime in England and Wales
6. The majority of children in Great Britain had moderate to high life satisfaction in 2013.
For details on how to
- Find your local Baby or Tatty Bumpkin class see http://www.tattybumpkin.com/classes/find-class.html or
- Join our Tatty Bumpkin team see http://www.tattybumpkin.com/business/index.html